JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Expectations For Fast Charging

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 06:49 PM)
Members_1x3XXam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I know there are many complaints about the S24 Ultra's slow charging. I want to look at this from a different angle.

Who has seen super-fast charging, and/or what should my expectations be?

This is new and just out of the box. I do not think it's debris in the charging port from the factory. It does report Super Fast Charging 2.0 but then doesn't deliver. If the problem were the port, I'd expect a lower charging reporting category.

For maximum compatibility, I use the cable in the box and a 45W Samsung branded charger.

I have also tested with other cables, including one that shows wattage and other ports. 

My A54 will shoot up to 25W, and my S21 will do the same. It could also be optimizing itself. My tests show slow charging with the unit off, so there is no chance it is an application.

I also know the rate slows closer to full, so I would expect 45W or at least 25W when the battery is run down.

What do you see for those who are happy with their charge rate? Let's say when the battery is run down, then at 25, 50, 75, and 90%

I already have an RMA, but I'd like to cancel it. It's either hardware, a software glitch that might be fixed later, or I have the wrong expectations.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S24
I am using the 45w charger and can get a nearly 100% or close to charge in about 30 minutes on the s24 Ultra. Went from 5% to 80% in roughly 20min. I would suggest using samsung chargers only. Adapters and even the cords can make a significant impact on charge rates.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
If it's charging in roughly an hour, that's as fast as it's gonna get
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Takes me about an hour to charge it to full as well.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S24
I am using the 45w charger and can get a nearly 100% or close to charge in about 30 minutes on the s24 Ultra. Went from 5% to 80% in roughly 20min. I would suggest using samsung chargers only. Adapters and even the cords can make a significant impact on charge rates.
0 Likes
Members_1x3XXam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I ran it down. It starts fast and backs off as it goes. This makes sense for battery protection, but all my other high-speed devices start faster at higher batter levels.

All my chargers and cables work the same, but I am testing them with Samsung parts.

IDK, about an hour. Three on this thread say the same. It's hard to run the battery down, but I'll try :')

I charge a lot of wirelessly, and that is working as expected. I don't have a heat situation, so this might be gentle on the battery.

0 Likes