JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Finder App is missing

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 02:09 PM)
netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
How to restore finder arop. When you do swipe down it brings up the finder but you can't make an icon.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey Netstar. I believe that finder has been removed completely.  and replaced with the search bar in the apps drawer which is sad, but you pretty much have to launch the app drawer and click at the top search and launch the keyboard to search for anything. Before you could just swipe down using the goodlock feature and access finder quickly that way. Maybe they'll have more improvements or something similar  as time goes on in future updates.  I heard some people were using Nova launcher, but don't know really too much details on how that works. 

View solution in context

15 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

It seems like there might be a typo or a misunderstanding in your question, as "finder arop" and "swipe down" are terminologies typically associated with certain operating systems and applications, but not necessarily on all platforms.

If you are referring to a specific feature or function on a particular device, please provide additional details such as the device type (e.g., iPhone, Android phone, computer) and the operating system (e.g., iOS, Android, macOS, Windows). This information will help me provide more accurate guidance.

If you're talking about a specific app or functionality that involves swiping down and interacting with a finder or similar feature, it would be helpful to know the context or app name.

Feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist you!

0 Likes
netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
'finder app' and 'pull down to Search' on S24 phone with UI 6.0

Finder app is missing
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

"Finder" is an app for Mac Laptops and for iPhones.  There has never been a "finder" in the android realm.  There is a search, but I do not know how you would make an icon out of this in previous versions, as it is a function not an app...  I have heard on another thread that this has been removed, but can still find the search within settings, and in apps like messages.

0 Likes
netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Finder is also an app on Samsung phone. It's not an 'android' app but Samsung app. By taping the app you can search pretty much anything on the phones, contacts, apps, files, etc. But the app wad removed in OneUI 6.0 but was available in previous version. The app header is removed but you can still search info by pulling down on the screen. Still does the same thing and still called 'finder'. Pull down of screen and search bar will pop out. Select setting and it will ask you to adjust 'finder' settings

What I wad looking for was finder app icon as that is the only icon I used to have on my screen and work without distractions as it accomplishes everything
Member23
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
AGREED I didn't finish your thread before I wrote mine once I saw the other answers lol
0 Likes
Kubajean
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Not so. Staring at finder app on s10e. Gone on s24....sadness!
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Don't go semantic on me, but the "Find" app is a shortcut off of the Smart Things app.

Screenshot_20240206_033434_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20240206_033545_One UI Home.jpg

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You don't have to reply to topics you don't understand.

I'm not trying "find" the phone, I'm trying to "find" the stuff on the phone.

This is an advanced topic for power users

Here is a screenshot of Finder app on older Samsung phone with previous version of OneUI20240206_182131_1000007393_1707261692.jpg
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Use proper terminology to properly explain yourself.  Search is not an app.  It's part of the OS.  Excuse me if English is not your first language.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes