Original topic:

Organizing Apps Alphabetically

(Topic created: 05-30-2024 08:43 AM)
Sacredryche
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi all,

I just upgraded to an 24 Ultra and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to organize the apps in alphabetical order. I've googled how and it tells me to use the 'Sort' function in the app drawer, but when I click on the three dots, I don't have that. I just have 'Settings' and 'Choose apps to search in'. 

Help? 

15 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you tapping in the searchbar first, last picture, or tapping the 3 dots first? Tap the 3 dots, not inside the searchbar. Tapping inside the searchbar first, then the 3 dots will put you in search settings, not app drawer settings.

I know, confusing!1717085290708.jpg1717085290729.jpg1717085290753.jpg1717085290788.jpg
0 Likes
Sacredryche
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Definitely the three dots, but I also realized I don't have the search bar as pictured in your photos and I am unsure of how to add that. I think that is my issue to not being able to do what I want.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Don't tap inside of the search bar only tap on the 3 dots 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't click on the search bar only click the 3 dots I have circled beside the search bar

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Deja3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
It sounds like you're not going into the correct screen. Based on what you said your options are, you are in your "search" screen. Go to your app drawer, where it just shows all of your apps, and you should see the sort button in the menu. If you need help finding your app drawer, please let us know 🙂
0 Likes
Sacredryche
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Okay, I realized I don't have the search option in my apps drawer. Does anyone know how to get it? 😕