Original topic:

S24+ will not connect to car via bluetooth

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
usert9ayksNJST
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently upgraded from an S20+ to the S24+. My S20 had no issues connecting to my car via Bluetooth. 
My S24+ will not connect to my car via Bluetooth. It attempts to connect, connects for maybe 1 second and then disconnects and says can't connect. It repeatedly tries to connect and gives error message saying Can't Connect. 
Samsung please fix this issue or I will need to return this phone. 

If anyone has any solutions, please share. I've tried a number of the other suggestions on here and nothing has worked. 
7 Replies
FlyinLee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Ouch. You're 20 had bluetooth 5.0 24 has 5.3
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Older car BT system.
0 Likes
usert9ayksNJST
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've read on multiple websites that bluetooth versions are backwards compatible. 5.3 should be compatible with 5.0
0 Likes
preytor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My s24+ wouldn't stay connected to my 2019 chevy colorado. I tried every work around I could find online but nothing would work. I finally caved and brought my truck into the dealership to check for a software update. It took 3hrs and about $400. But now everything works like a dream.

All that to say you need to update your car's software.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Old car bluetooth system vs. newest smartphone with latest bluetooth version.  Which one is likely to be the source of the issue?

And despite claims of bluetooth backwards compatibility, in practice it doesn't always work that way, as seemingly every OEM bluetooth implementation is different.  Every time there's a new phone release we see issues with phones connecting to (older) car bluetooth systems.  In nearly every case, it's the car system that is outdated and needs to be updated. 

0 Likes
usert9ayksNJST
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks everyone. I went to the dealership and ended up buying a new vehicle. Lol. Bluetooth works great now.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Simple solutions!  LOL!

0 Likes