JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to use certain apps after one UI update

(Topic created: a month ago)
Yamajr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just recently updated my phone with the latest one UI update and now I am unable to use samsung messages as my default message app and being forced to use Google messages. The other problem I have is that visual voicemail one let me use it. I have tried disabling the app and also unset all permissions it requires and reset them but it still says I need permissions enabled to use it. Is there anything I can do to get those working again? I am using the unlocked version of the s24 ultra.
14 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung messages us being phased out and you will need to transition to Google messages. I don't know what's going on with The native vvm because I never had it on my phone. I use my carrier's vvm app. Check to see if your carrier has one - it will work better anyway.

0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
yea having issues myself no wifi calling and chat features gone in settings with Verizon sim but I can put non active Sims both settings pop back up but this was after the update . Also S24U20240915_172656_1000011500_1726435616.jpg
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

This is likely due to Verizon not supporting Wi-Fi calling on your model of device.  If you manually unlock your device, it does not change the model number, so would still show as locked to the other carrier.  That carrier's devices are not in the approved Wi-Fi calling pool at Verizon, so does not get it, despite being fully capable.

0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Idk boss it worked when it was using Esim then after the update the Esim stopped working and I was literally on the phone with Verizon for at least 2 hours trouble shooting they couldn't even get me a Esim again now it's a physical sim card kinda sucks makes me wanna go back to Tmobile just to get the chat features back lol but Verizon has the best coverage so is it really worth it lol probably not
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I beg to differ.  I think T-Mobile has better or at least equal coverage to Verizon - and better in foreign countries when I travel.

Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had Tmobile for 14 years I've had a good experience i can't lie but I notice when say for my job certain places my call would drop . a few weeks ago wife and I went to a rural area no reception , we asked the people from there what carrier were they using they all said Verizon and that's what made me do the switch . I need my phone to work wherever I'm at . that and my bill i paid off my phones to get it lower every month it steadily climb back up . Idk I'll give Verizon a try if they fail me ill switch back I've only been with them 2 weeks let's see how it goes
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Alot of models are getting the same with switching to Google messages
0 Likes
TodayistheDay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you restarted your phone?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

There is no getting around the fact that you will have to switch to Google Messages.

0 Likes