JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unique wireless charging issue

(Topic created: 05-16-2024 09:53 AM)
userpQS91ulXKf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an S24+ that will charge just fine on my Samsung wireless charger (EP-NG930TBUGUS) EXCEPT when the phone has shut down with 0% charge. When at 0% it will only charge on the USB charger , when at 1% or greater, the wireless charger works fine.  When put on the wireless charger at 0% the charging light on the charger comes on but not on the phone and will not get any charge at all.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution or is this just an "undocumented feature" ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Yowsa! First of all it is not recommended to ever run a LiIon battery down to 0%. It is harmful to the battery.

The operation you have experienced is common. Many times a device needs to have some minimal hardware operating before wireless charging can be enabled.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Yowsa! First of all it is not recommended to ever run a LiIon battery down to 0%. It is harmful to the battery.

The operation you have experienced is common. Many times a device needs to have some minimal hardware operating before wireless charging can be enabled.
userpQS91ulXKf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you, I am aware of the 0 battery harmfulness but I don't always have a choice. I appreciate you answer and can live with the "common experience" now that I am aware of it.

Thank you!