Original topic:

Voice to text issues

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 06:32 PM)
frozenbanana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Does anyone know why the samsung voice to text input has so much trouble understanding me? My input is english and it is also my first language but it can barely understand me. If I switch the voice input to Google it can understand me perfectly on the first try. I don't really like that the google voice input hides the keyboard entirely unlike the samsung voice input so I'm hesitant to make the change. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide input on my issue. Thanks. 
5 Replies
usertvgscWMvLp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Not me. In loud areas yes that goes with iphone I had in the past and it's was a lot worst that samsung. But no issues for me
0 Likes
Moonbase1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Use the Google keyboard (Gboard). It has its own microphone button for voice text and it doesn't hide the keyboard when you are using it. Better than the Samsung keyboard anyway, just my opinion. And it picks up my speech better.
frozenbanana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks man ur a lifesaver. I completely forgot about board since I haven't had to download it in 5 years. It seems to have basically everything the Samsung keyboard has too
0 Likes
user8eZkKUZbAy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I always use Google voice. So much easier. I believe it's more universal than Samsung.
frozenbanana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah I could see that. I find that both swipe and voice to text on Samsung are incredibly literal (as in they do not take the context of the rest of your sentence into account when interpreting swipes or voice).
0 Likes