Original topic:

Why is Quick share still so terrible?

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 11:37 AM)
Options
Galaxy S24

Combining Quick Share and nearby share did nothing to improve the fact that none of Samsung's devices can be counted on to work when sharing documents through either of these two functions. I have an S24 ultra, a Tab S8+ and a galaxy book pro 360. I can't get any of them to share simple wallpaper jpegs between them. They **bleep** out every time failing to send telling me I need to resend, and they just never go through. This has been a problem with all of my devices with all of my devices for quite a while. There are plenty of complaints online about Quick Share and nearby share. Samsung, if you want to even come close to Apple's ecosystem and airdrop and sharing you got to make this stuff work. Do you use your own products? And if so why is this still a problem?

11 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I can tell you that we can likely figure this out, as I have no issues with mine. A lot of this is going to come down to your home Wi-Fi. First, ensure all your Samsung devices are connected to the same networkā€”not just the same network but the same SSID (either 2.4 or 5 gigahertz). Once that is achieved, you shouldn't have any issues sharing as long as you turn sharing on for all your devices. I find that allowing anyone to share and ensuring the location is set to "on" makes it a flawless experience. No matter where I am in my home, I can share with all my Samsung devices without issue. Now, I will say I have a very high-end router and network. Start by resetting your router and connecting your devices. If you have a router that dictates what channel to connect to automatically, turn that off. Separate the SSID so that you know all your devices (for example) are connected to your 5 gigahertz network. Also, ensure Bluetooth is on.
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. Yeah I've gone through and done all that of course, made sure that I was on the exact same SSD band on all three devices. The thing is that QuickShare should also work with Bluetooth and should be able to work with other devices not even Samsung. It works fine between my s24 ultra and my girlfriend's pixel 8 pro. It just won't work between my Samsung devices. I see a lot of people having this issue in different forums, talking about it and here. So there is something to this that it works great sometimes and others it doesn't. My z-fold five used to work great with My tab S8 Plus. But the s24 ultra here won't connect to it. And connections to my Galaxy book pro 360 have been intermittent at best. Sometimes it works but usually it doesn't. Again I'm technological enough to check make sure everybody's on Wi-Fi, even though they shouldn't need to be, and that it's the exact same Wi-Fi on all three devices and that everything is turned on. Sharing is set to everyone, and I set everything possible to make sure they can connect. They just won't talk to each other even though my phone will talk to my girlfriend's phone.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Personally, I like QuikTrip (the C-store). Maybe the autocomplete on your keyboard got the best of you? lol

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Lol I saw that also
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
That would be the Samsung keyboard which has the worst autocorrect in the world. Google's is a lot better, though far from perfect. I wish I liked Apple products because I will say my work phone has many fewer problems with that. But it's what it is.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
give SwiftKey a try...better than Gboard IMHO
Options
Galaxy S24
I know a lot of people like that one. I've never really liked it but I've only tried it briefly a couple of times. It might be worth a revisit.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I never had a problem using quick share between any of my devices.

Quick share in my home is blazing fast. I have gigabit service in my home, that's why it is blazing fast.
Options
Galaxy S24
It IS super fast when it works, but it should be blazing fast wherever you are because it also works with Bluetooth and shouldn't require home internet speed to make it fast. When it works between my phone and my girlfriend's phone, it's blazing fast no matter where we are. It's just that it doesn't seem to want to work across my Samsung devices even in my home, for some reason.
0 Likes