JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 11:10 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
183 Replies
Stever22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It's a bug with the latest update. Go to email notifications and turn of sync notifications. Check that the notification is gone, then turn sync notifications back on. This fixes it.

lozziehumphreys
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I turned the notifications off, waited, then on again, but it's still doing it. Fingers crossed Samsung can sort this out soon.

0 Likes
tqrt1112
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Screen shot from my Fold 51715268998173.jpg
0 Likes
user1gi10yMhyd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The fox works, but only temporarily. The problem is, the notification comes back the next day, after the phone is turned off and back on in the morning. 

0 Likes
user00OpplnUUe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Swiping the notification to the left worked for me but like someone said, is it still doing the same thing in the background...🤔
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
here's the answer I received from my error report:

Dear Customer,

Due to the Google Apps freeze security policy for Android 14 and above App Freeze in Mobile Security helps extend your battery life, reduces application notifications, and optimizes your device's performance. It allows you to select which apps to stop or prevent from running in the background.

To prevent the syncing process of email from killing,now the email sync process uses foreground services instead of background ones to prevent the system from killing them with a new update. So if users allow app frezze on email app, it will work properly without any problem in the syncing of emails.

So its a normail behavior of showing notification as "Syncing Emails" from Android 14 and above.

Thank you.
0 Likes
AlCastle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Email wont stop syncing since May 4th 
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah its a bug that's been reported its not really running in the background.  To turn off the sync email notification all you have to do  is open the email app but it will still show running in the background if you click on background apps

select the 3 line menu click the gear 

notifications 

notification categories 

scroll to the bottom and toggle off sync notification 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

what @GaryB82 says

0 Likes
vctrtang
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

i guess i found the correct solution, clear cache and data of your "Android System Webview", and, miracle happens. you can swipe away the email syncing notification after that.

0 Likes