Original topic:

"Enhancing" is ruining photos

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 05:28 PM)
NoteSeriesLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I stop the camera from enhancing photos? I have turned it down to minimum but see no way to turn it off entirely. Particularly selfies it makes a mess of and makes them look awful. Anyone know how to stop this?
0 Likes
8 Replies
NuclearEMP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've actually noticed that the "AI" camera stuff is actually not helping pictures taken, hopefully a fix is in the works
0 Likes
NoteSeriesLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's making a mess of my photos. I don't want them "optimized" I want them natural. The selfies in particular look horrible.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Try turning off scene optimizer in the camera settings. See if that helps.
0 Likes
NoteSeriesLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It is off. And quality optimization is at minimum and it's still ruining all my photos.
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
The only real way to get a natural output with little to no processing is to take your photos in RAW in pro mode. Don't use Expert RAW since that processes the RAW files. Files will be much larger though.
0 Likes
NoteSeriesLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Even when I click on revert to original, it looks the same as after it optimized it. Things are too bright and washed out thr white balance is terrible.
DiscoStu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. It's awful, the photo looks how I want it to and then suddenly the image washes out and gets terribly bright. Any chance you found a solution?
SamDitty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
My selfies look nothing like me at all. It makes me look like I have a cartoon type filter on my face. It draws lines around my lips and eyes and teeth and my eyebrows look painted on. I either look like I've put an insane filter on max setting or in brighter light my face looks like it aged 20 years. Everything looks crazy and nothing fixes it. It even takes away my eyelashes. My friends think it's hilarious but I don't. Lol
0 Likes