Original topic:

"Permission Controller" reminders cannot be disabled

(Topic created: 05-20-2024 07:56 PM)
mister_davido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I use the Reminder app and I have location based reminders setup. Obviously this means I need to grant permission for it to use my location all the time, which is understandable in and of itself.

Today I received a notification from the "Permission controller" that was basically reminding me I had background location setup for the Reminder app, and suggesting that I might want to change it. But that directly contradicts the whole reason I enabled that permission in the first place. I then discovered that these particular notifications from the "Permission controller" cannot be disabled, or even silenced!

So what am I supposed to do about this? Is this the only one time I'll ever see this particular suggestion (that is, for the Reminder app specifically)?

I am fine with the intent of this being a way to remind users of apps whose permissions are getting out of hand, but I most certainly don't want to be constantly reminded that I have this particular permission set. I don't want to put up with having to dismiss this every single day.

Reminder app

Notification from the Permission controller

Permission controller's notification settings

0 Likes
2 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a similar thing happen with my BitWarden app. Watching to see what you might learn, in case it applies to those notifications as well.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
mister_davido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I get if it happens once per app, but does it happen repeatedly?
0 Likes