Original topic:

software update continuously states connecting to server..... when I check for updates.

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 02:07 PM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been getting random dingles almost every day with nothing associated to them.  I finally traced it to the software update app.  It goes on when I check for updates and sits (unsure how much battery this uses) stating connecting to server... I found a way to turn this off by going into airline mode, rebooting, removing airline mode.  This resets it.  I know others have this problem with no fix.  Anyone know if this is something Samsung is aware of and hopefully fixing it on the next update? My last update was installed on 3/27/24 and I don't know if there is a new one out or when it will be available.  Thanks for any help on this--it's very frustrating.

3 Replies
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
You should report this to your carrier. They are responsible for your phone's updates.
0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

It isn't a carrier issue.  It's an app called Software Update which is Samsung itself.  Carrier can't do anything about it but thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Software updates connect to the carriers servers to get the update.  Your Carrier IS quite involved.

0 Likes