cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

August Firmware Update failed loop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, yesterday (8/13) my phone updated over wifi and when it restarted it and tried finishing the update and it failed (Error 407). I saw a lot of threads of other people having similar issues a week ago with their note 10s but none for my phone the galaxy s8. It looks like Samsung figured out the fix for their phones but it doesn't work for mine? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: August Firmware Update failed loop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdznlfQrht2 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this update issue!

Try this:

1. Remove SIM from SIM card tray and re-insert SIM. 4007 error message disappears, remove the device if the error reappears. 
  2. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > force stop. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.
  3. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > Storage > clear data. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.

You may need to try the fix below:

1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
  2. It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
  3. It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
  4. It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
  5. Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
  6. It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
  7. It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

Otherwise does the below help?

If that did not correct the issue the next step may be to have the software reflashed. I know this can be done at any authorized service center. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

You may also need to reach out to your carrier on specific firmware update issues like this.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdznlfQrht2 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this update issue!

Try this:

1. Remove SIM from SIM card tray and re-insert SIM. 4007 error message disappears, remove the device if the error reappears. 
  2. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > force stop. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.
  3. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > Storage > clear data. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.

You may need to try the fix below:

1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
  2. It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
  3. It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
  4. It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
  5. Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
  6. It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
  7. It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

Otherwise does the below help?

If that did not correct the issue the next step may be to have the software reflashed. I know this can be done at any authorized service center. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

You may also need to reach out to your carrier on specific firmware update issues like this.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this! I've been dealing with this issue for about 2 weeks, every hour..and  this is the only solution to work!

Thank you!

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
you can always re flash firmware with Odin if your inclined.