cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Trying another sim card would be logical.  It depends which phone on which carriers have the IMS issues.  Possibly not all carriers would have this error.

People that have IMS service error, what are your carriers and models of devices?

userx2bCMSS5If
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I just did an update and I am now getting this same error message on my S9 - Vodafone provider - what is happening how can I fix it or stop it.  Please advise urgently.

userDN9dj085pz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried a new sim card. Still the same issues.

Called Samsung US and they told me that if I have a US address, I can send the phone to them and get it fixed. But they won't send it back to Australia. So essentially, not much I can do. 

Samsung Australia won't do anything as it's a US phone.

usertqmeCUuhce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using the US-bought Unlocked S9 Plus.

Using Optus, an Australia Telecom.

I have seen all three major Au Telecom companies listed in this thread as having issues. Nearly all of us, if not all of us, phone unlocked in the US.

We have gone through all the troubleshooting and I have seen multiple other posters say they've tried contacting their companies and at least one saying they tried swapping the sim and it didn't work. It's the update and we shouldn't be expected to swap our sims for this to work. It was supposed to be a routine security update, not a phone breaker. That said, I really do appreciate that we are at least past giving  the first trouble shooting questions.

user9laELSqP1N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Moderator

Do we have any solution, I am one of affected person here in Australia, I am not tech savy and reuesting you to help me out. 

Thanks

useraAGpDXpmHw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Is there a solution to this problem yet? I experienced the same thing after I installed the latest update. The IMS error keeps popping up in under a minute. My phone has a very slow response. My battery easily drains. It's nothing like the Samsung service I'm used to and satisfied with. What's happening? How do we reverse the update? Coincidentally, I also bought my phone in the US and is now using it in Australia, and also very upset that this is happening. Hoping for your quick response (to the question and the problem), thanks.

userf9W2y0t8Sd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, has this been resolved. I'm in the same situation. I purchased my phone in the USA, am using it in Australia (Telstra), and It is an unlocked phone.

GaryMajor
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you need more info - this has happened to me too IMS Service stopping, performance degradation, battery goes flat quickly)... also purchased in US, but using in New Zealand (2degrees network).

useri0NkOcMdlp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you help me also?  The phone is useless now, I am going overseas next week and now I have a phone that does not work.  This is a majoy disappointment Samsung.  

OzDeaDMeaT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

info sent yesterday, can you tell me why you needed this info?