cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercI5Nev6YGW
Constellation

Re: Unlocked phones and WiFi calling capabilities

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone have experience with wi-fi calling on an unlocked phone bought directly from AT&T? I'm okay with paying full price, but really need wi-fi calling, and the ability to change sims when traveling overseas.

userx5a9wKXD8n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me to I just bought a at&t s7 active . When I try to turn on wifi calling I get a message saying oops code re0006
userObju9obvqA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It DOES NOT work on my unlocked S9+ with Metro PCS. There is an app that will let you control the feature (which is hidden on unlocked Galaxys) but even after enabling it, I am not able to make any calls or send/receive any texts. S U C K S !!! An unlocked phone should have more, not less features. The only reason I bought it unlocked is because Metro PCS does not offer the 9+ ALL OF THIS IS SO LAME I CAN BARELY TAKE IT!!!!

userHa6qvGbYYY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a S9+ my carrier is MetroPCS (should be POS), not only NO WIFI calling but I got the Dual SIM . Ihave service for another line but Metro says, one sim per device, system not setup for 2 services on one phone. Talk about wasting money! Beware!!

userpsD934ZdGG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The second sim card goes sideways into the SD slot. T Mobile didn't realize it immediately but figured it out.

userfTkiA8PKFq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userWwexLYYFNl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S9+ unblocked from Best Buy on Sprint has WiFi calling It is a hard to find setting. I got to it by going to the Phone button and hitting the 3dots on the top right of the screen.  Press the Settings tab. The WiFi calling button is the last one on that page just above About Phone.

usertYWRVuo4Hg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But once you activate it, where do you find it? I did not thats too but its nowhere on the phone to use or turn on. 

userziEeeBmkzZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have unlocked s9+ on Verizon. You can turn on wifi calling through the phone dialer settings. Go into phone dialer, go into menu and select settings, wifi calling should be second to last item in the menu. Hope this helps if you haven't already figured it out. 

usergWhrLrg2G7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yesterday, I spent more than an hour with the ATT tech rep.  he could not even eprovision my line to have WIFI calling because it was matched (IMEI) to the samsung S9+.  meaning, my unlocked S(+ will not support ATT wifi calling.  this same phone supported T-Mobile wifi calling all the time.  not supporting wifi calling means we cannot take advantage with the new android messages and send regular messages on wifi