cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEXERJkMpj9
Astronaut

car bluetooth not working after latest software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ran the software update on February 21, 2019, my bluetooth in my 2019 Chevrolet quit working today, February 22nd.  When someone tries to call me, the phone rings continuously and will not connect the call through the vehicle.  I took myh vehicle to the dealer, and the problem did not occur with a phone without the latest software update.  

Tried soft reboot, tried power cycle, tried disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth.  Nothing works.  Phone won't stop ringing unless I hit call OnStar and disconnect the call.  I found this possible solution through a websearch.

I'm considering going to the Samsung kiosk at Best Buy to have them flash the software back to the previous version. 

Is Samsung aware of this problem with the software update?

Is a fix in the works?

I will not continue to drive a brand new vehicle without handsfree capability.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: car bluetooth not working after latest software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the ignition. 

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes. 

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone. 

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF 

5. Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition on. 

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio: 
     6.1 Select Home Screen 
     6.2 Select "Settings" 
     6.3 Ensure the "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left 
     6.4 Select "Phones" 
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in the list 
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name 
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device" 
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational. 

7. Reinstall Android Auto. 

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

13 REPLIES 13
userPdXCe7Cfdu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here and with many other users posting the same thing here. Mine is a 2018 Trax. Samsung just wants to blame Chevy - NOT! So disappointed with Samsung. This is debilitating.  Time for an iPhone!

userKuPVhyss4N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same thing since the update in my 2018 Chevy Trax. Never an issue until the update. Come on Samsung, listen to your customers and undo the update!!!!

userjBpPvziA4e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, but in Australia. Definetly a samsung issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the ignition. 

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes. 

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone. 

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF 

5. Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition on. 

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio: 
     6.1 Select Home Screen 
     6.2 Select "Settings" 
     6.3 Ensure the "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left 
     6.4 Select "Phones" 
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in the list 
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name 
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device" 
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational. 

7. Reinstall Android Auto. 

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

usernZYwiHDMWw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I have same problem with Samsung S9 and Jaguar FPace after update. Bluetooth keeps dropping.

Have tried everything nothing seems to work. 

I am at the point were with my next upgrade in 2 months I am moving to iPhone

user8SGaxKykh0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello-

I am having the same issue for media. It will still connect for phone calls, but can't connect media after the update. I have done hard restart on the device multiple times. Disconnect/forget device from my truck. Did the ringtone thing above.  Nothing.

Please just send out a software update that reverts to the previous version. This is not a chevy problem, it just happened after the update.  Please feel free to contact me with questions.  Thanaks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device using the steps below?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usersfcgtA8P2K
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem in my 2014 Chevy Malibu 2lt  And I also noticed that my Beats head phones dont work the same with my phone either since the update. I use to be able to answer calls or stop my music by clicking the button and I can anymore. It seems that any remote bluetooth connections are not communicating fully not just in a chevy. But what do i know.

user2Ra7LDoJGq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same m problem with my 2018 GMC Terrain