JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic will not copy Google Account from Phone

(Topic created: 12-09-2021 02:20 PM)
userrtgAb8RJnB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am unable to access the Play Store on my watch without being signed into a Google account; however, the process of adding a Google account to my watch fails every time I try. The watch displays the following prompt "To add a Google Account to your watch, copy it from you phone." I then select the "Add from phone" button beneath this prompt, which then displays a loading circle next to "check your phone." My phone (s20 ultra) pulls up a screen that says "Choose your Google Account" with my Google account details pre-populated on the screen. When I select "next" from this screen, I'm prompted to scan my fingerprint before bringing me to a loading page that says "copying your accounts" before disappearing. Unfortunately, the "check your phone" loading screen on the watch never goes away even after the "copying your accounts" page disappears on my phone, and remains on the watch indefinitely until I press the back button on the watch. Therefore, I have been unable to use the play store on my watch yet.

Does anyone know why this issue is happening and how to resolve it? Is there a way to directly enter my Google account credentials directly on the watch without having to copy over the account from my phone? I've tried factory resetting both my watch and my phone, updating all software and apps on both my phone and watch, and nothing has worked. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userrtgAb8RJnB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SOLUTION FOUND: I submitted a ticket to Samsung at the same time as I posted this topic. I have since received a response from them stating that my google account is a managed account (through my university) and that Google currently doesn't support managed accounts on Wear OS devices. I have since created a separate, non-managed account and was able to successfully copy that Google account over to my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userrtgAb8RJnB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SOLUTION FOUND: I submitted a ticket to Samsung at the same time as I posted this topic. I have since received a response from them stating that my google account is a managed account (through my university) and that Google currently doesn't support managed accounts on Wear OS devices. I have since created a separate, non-managed account and was able to successfully copy that Google account over to my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.