JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't add newly installed apps to the cover screen through good lock after One UI 6 stable Galaxy Z Flip 5

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 12:13 PM)
Rudrani Sarkar
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi everyone, I just got the One UI 6 stable update on my Z flip 5. After updating I can't seem to add any new app in the multistar. Only already installed apps are showing not the newly installed app. I have tried clearing the cache of the One UI Home, reinstall Good Lock and multistar but nothing solves the problem. Anybody facing this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
turtly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey there, unsure if you fixed it yourself, but I just seemed to repopulate my apps list for the Launcher Widget, I think the one ui update might have bugged it. Not sure.

Try: I ♡ Galaxy Foldable -> Launcher Widget -> Enable Launcher Widget -> flip the Launcher switch off and on and see if it shows all the apps again.

View solution in context

14 Replies
Sooz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you tried just using the Launcher widget instead in Good Lock? That's what I've been using all along, and I have more apps than you can imagine.
user9oRRYcBMta
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hi, I don't know if I'm alone but since updating today to One UI 6, the Good Lock Launcher widget will display on my cover screen but no apps will start. Additionally, when I try to respond to a text notification, it won't start. Anyone else having these issues? I've essentially got a useless cover screen and it defeats the purpose of the phone. Thanks!
0 Likes
userryaFAnGzvl
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

99% of my apps work except for the phone app.  Clicking it does nothing, so I can't actually make calls from the cover screen like I could in 5.1.1.

0 Likes
userCP9RqYHEHB
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I tried Re-Installing the multistar plugin and some apps are showing in the cover screen. whereas One UI 5.1.1 shows more apps.

0 Likes
Solution
turtly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey there, unsure if you fixed it yourself, but I just seemed to repopulate my apps list for the Launcher Widget, I think the one ui update might have bugged it. Not sure.

Try: I ♡ Galaxy Foldable -> Launcher Widget -> Enable Launcher Widget -> flip the Launcher switch off and on and see if it shows all the apps again.
TheRev
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yesterday, I noticed that two app icons were missing from my Cover Screen Launcher Widget. I went to Good Lock/Multistar and realized they were no longer available.

The Cover Screen is a major component of the Z Flip 5. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to solve this issue?
0 Likes
imdadpg
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If you've encountered missing app icons on your Cover Screen Launcher Widget on the Galaxy Watch and have identified that the icons are no longer available in Good Lock/Multistar, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Reconfigure the Cover Screen Launcher Widget:

• Go to your device's settings and find the option related to the Cover Screen or Home Screen settings.
    • Check if there's an option to customize or reconfigure the Cover Screen Launcher Widget.
    • Re-add the missing app icons if there's an option to customize the widget.
  2. Restart Your Device:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor glitches or issues.
    • Power off your Galaxy Watch, wait a few seconds, and then power it back on.
  3. Update Software:

• Ensure that your Galaxy Watch has the latest software updates installed.
    • Go to your device settings, find the "Software Update" section, and check for any available updates.
  4. Reset Cover Screen Settings:

• If the issue persists, you might consider resetting the Cover Screen settings to default.
    • Check for an option in your device settings related to Cover Screen or Home Screen customization and see if there's a "Reset" or "Restore to Default" option.
  5. Contact Samsung Support:

• If none of the above solutions work, it's advisable to reach out to Samsung's customer support.
    • Samsung support can provide specific guidance based on your device model and software version.
  6. Check for App-Specific Issues:

• Confirm if the missing app icons are still accessible from the main app drawer.
    • If the icons are available there, it could be a widget-specific issue, and you may need to reconfigure or reinstall the widget.

0 Likes
TheRev
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks. I will troubleshoot.
0 Likes
TheRev
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
After troubleshooting and a number of restarts of the phone, the apps available for the cover screen returned, and I was able to add them.

But once again, some disappear from the Good Lock cover screen launcher. When I go to Multistar/Launcher, they again are not available. This is sad.
0 Likes