cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Multiple sensors stopped working suddenly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is aware of the issue because I have made it my personal issue to complain to them every day until they do something but they are taking absolutely no responsibility for it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you been able to get any kind of response from them, good or bad?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never recaived a response from anyone from Shamsung. But I just replaced the board and everything is working again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Any news?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's still no fix yet? This is just ridiculous on Samsung's part. They're so engrossed with the new products that they've simply given up on the loyal customers.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is quite rediculous that this thread is marked as Solved, while it clearly is NOT.

It is quite clear that the issue was caused by Tizen 3.0.0.2.

And also quite clear that the users who face this issue have an outdated/mismatching version of MCU Firmware Version: BR010

@samsung atleast needs to give an indication if there is going to be a fix for the issue. Maybe with a new firmware!

If Tizen 3.0.0.2 caused something in the motherboard to go irrevokably haywire such that the MCU can't be upgraded to the latest Firmware, then @samsung should atleast release a new firmware that would be backwards compatible with MCU Firm Ver: BR010

Just speculating!

@samsung should issue a fix for the affected users if they really value their customers and their reputation (which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case).

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received a new board that I ordered from ebay for around $60. It was used but at this point In needed to know if it could be fixed. I am happy to report that I have full functionality again. I am not sure what the updates did to the hardware, but that appears to have been the problem at this point. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just replaced the board and it is working again

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take your watch off, put it on a hard working surface, take a hammer in the other hand and smash the watch as hard as you possibly can until it no longer resembles a watch.  Funny, but that's more and better advice than you'll get from Samsung and their great customer service.  

My first smarthphone was a Note 4, I absolutely fell in love with Samsung and thought they were a-maze-ing!  About six months later the phone significantly slowed, I bought multiple batteries, and countless hours of looking stuff up online and attempting to contact their customer service got me nowhere except for a lot of wasted time.  

As my relationship with Sammy was going south, I fell in love with the Gear S3 Frontier and I decided to give them a second chance.  My biggest draw to them was because they were willing to spend tons of money on R/D and come up with some incredible things.  But after a few short months, once again I ran into software issues and no one was available to help me out.  So, I moved on.  I haven't bought another Samsung product and I'm definitely alright with that.  Sure they tantelize me with a few of their newest gimmecks but I won't be fooled a third time and I don't suggest you make the same mistakes as I have.

It's 3:30am CST and I'm all dressed and ready to go for my morning run.  I'm trying to troubleshoot the very things you are, my sensors are not working, specfically the pedometer and I'm beyond frustrated.

Just so people know, as much as it sounds like I hate Samsung, I hate Apple all the more.  I'm not some Apple troll.  I haven't owned an Apple product since my Ipod 2nd gen, nor will I ever buy anything with an Apple logo.  However, this will be my last Samsung product I ever own, unless by some unforseen change like Samsung starts to acknowledge their issues and attempts to help their curstomers.

I ranted too much, I'm sorry.  I love Samsung's inovation and hate their execution and tech support.

Good luck, I hope you find your solutions. Ps- Don't wait until 3:30am to use/fix your crapp-tastic Samsung products :^)

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I come bearing good news...ish. I guess it is all about perspective. Anyways, on my own dime and after doing a little more research, I decided to gamble on a motherboard. I ordered it from ebay and it finally came in today. It was a used board but I had nothing to lose so in it goes. I am happy to report that I have full funtionality again.