JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TU8500 bright spot

(Topic created on: 9/23/20 7:38 AM)
DASDA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just got my new TU8500 screen installed by official samsung representative, I've noticed bright white spot. Is it normal?IMG-20200923-WA0002.jpg

Bottom left (not a reflection)

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur during the picture test, and does this occur on all sources, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
DASDA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

IMG-20200923-WA0001.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Is the unit plugged into a surge protector? If so, plug the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Try and power cycle the unit or do a factory reset.

Does this happen on all sources? If so, do the picture test and HDMI cable test. 

• Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions. If the spot appears during this test service is required.
  • Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- Or you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DASDA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Latest firmware installed. It has nothing to do with hdmi, as it appears on the tv apps as well.

Adding more pictures:IMG-20200924-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200924-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200924-WA0000.jpg

The retailer says its samsung responsibility to handle defective units. 

0 Likes
userzRbknu1uCG
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did you solve it? I have the exact same problem, on the exact same spot on my new TU8505 UHD 65'' TV. Theres a way of solving it or i have to use warranty to ask for a new one? Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur during the picture test, and does this occur on all sources, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes