JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why is Netflix is suddenly incompatible with 10yr old Samsung TV UE40F6600

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Endeeo
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

We can get Netflix on our Bush 24" TV and on our Samsung Qled tv in living room but today we can no longer get Netflix on our bedroom tv. A message repeatedly comes up "this device is not compatible with Netflix. Go to "www.netflix.com/compatibledevices" but this is of no help. Our Netflix subscription is changing on the 2nd June but why is there suddenly a problem now? Anyone got any ideas of how we can restore compatibility? I've tried software update, checked there is good internet connection (20Mbs), unplugged the set for 10mins. Online holds out possibility of downloading "Firmware" on to USB flash drive then plugging in to tv USB socket to update but I can't find this "firmware" anywhere on Samsung site. Please can you help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

If you your TV states the app is no longer supported Netfliix has stopped updating the app for your TV.  Only way to get it too work again would be to get a Chromecast, Amazon, Roku streaming device and plug it into your HDMI port on your tv it states on Netflix's website that you posted 

Netflix may no longer be available on some TVs and TV streaming devices made before 2014.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Netflix-not-working/m-p/2870818#M25853

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
LED and OLED TVs

If you your TV states the app is no longer supported Netfliix has stopped updating the app for your TV.  Only way to get it too work again would be to get a Chromecast, Amazon, Roku streaming device and plug it into your HDMI port on your tv it states on Netflix's website that you posted 

Netflix may no longer be available on some TVs and TV streaming devices made before 2014.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Netflix-not-working/m-p/2870818#M25853

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Jacob126
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs
He doesn't need that he could just update the actual TV or just cast without any plug wirelessly
GaryB82
Options
LED and OLED TVs
He can't update the tv since it's not supported anymore with updates since it's 10 years old and I'm pretty sure 10 year old tvs can't be cast to so he would need the streaming dongle to get Netflix back

0 Likes
Jacob126
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs
My TV is more than 10 years old in Chromecast still works
GaryB82
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Plus, he wants it on his TV, not his phone casting too his tv, so he would have to get a streaming dongle

0 Likes
dshrest1
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Yeah the new Netflix update is not compatible for Google chromecast. Tv needs to have build in Google tv or you can get a Google tv dongle and finally get to stream Netflix!
0 Likes