JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Curve HWH7501 Sound-bar no longer controlled with DirecTV remote

(Topic created: 01-15-2023 05:44 PM)
CJG1863
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Background: I have the Samsung Curve HWH7501/ZA Sound-bar connected to my Shape TV using an Optical Cable. I also have an Amazon Firestick connected to the HDMI3 and DirecTV connected on HDMI1 on the TV. The DirecTV remote controlled both the TV and the Sound-bar with the sound coming from the sound bar.The Firestick remote when pressed, changes the from HDMI1 Input to HDMI3 input, when changing back to Satellite when any button is pressed the DirecTV remote.

PROBLEM: Everything was turned off (ie TV, Sound-bar, and Satellite box). With the  Firestick remote, I turn on the TV and Sound-bar and played Amazon Music for several hours. When I was done, using the Firestick remote I turned off the TV and Sound-bar.

ISSUE: The next day, using the DirecTV remote I pressed the power button; but only the TV came on. The Sound-bar remained powered off. I went through all the trouble shooting steps and nothing worked. I tried reprogramming the DirecTV remote. I used the Firestick remote, it switched inputs, but there was no sound from the Sound-bar nor would it power on. As the hours went on I have taken the following steps: cleared the memory of both remotes, changed the batteries in both remotes, unplugged TV, Firestick, Sound-bar, and Satellite Box for 30-minutes,  reprogrammed both remotes, finally restarted the internet router and press the ANYNET+ on the Samsung remote to ensure the Auto Power Link was on (because I have a digital optical cable connection). With all of this, the DirecTV remote still won’t control the Sound-bar. I have to turn the TV and Box on with the DirecTV remote and turn the Sound-bar on with the Samsung remote and the same with the firestick. The volume is controllable with the remotes once it on, but the remotes can no longer power the unit on/off.  

Has anyone else have this problem? DirecTV was no help in resolving this issue.

1 Reply
Solution
CJG1863
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

SOLUTION: YAY 😀 !  Apparently, after turning the Auto Power Link ON, then turning everything off; the DirecTV remote was able to turn everything back on, including the Sound-bar.