Original topic:

KN95 Atmos issue-How do I know it's working?

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 7:01 AM)
userVR32Xr9Xx6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

HI, I have a KN95 soundbar which is connected to my TCL series 8 TV via the ARC connection. The Cable I’m using for this is an HDMI 2.1 cable. The TCL TV has Dolby Atmos support, but I’m not sure if it’s working.

I get sound, but I have no idea if it is actually in ATMOS. According to the user manual, a blue light is supposed to appear on the soundbar for ATMOS content, but I don’t see any lights. The little LED screen says TV ARC and I've cycled through the effects setting and surround sound settings.

For example, I use Netflix via the TV’s built in APP or via Chromecast with GTV which is connected through the TV’s HDMI input. When I view titles like The Witcher or Altered Carbon, it displays ATMOS for the sound, but when it’s playing, I don’t see the blue light on the soundbar and I don’t know if it’s playing ATMOS through the sound bar or plain stereo.

Can anybody give me an example of where this blue light is supposed to be, or how I can tell if it’s actually playing the ATMOS signal?

Thanks.

0 Replies