cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My HW-Q90R Soundbar's Rear Speakers volume is too low

Hello,

Just purchase HW-Q90R Soundbar week ago, but after doing some settings, firmware update and volume calibration, I found out that the both rear speakers volume are too low. I haven't tested the Dolby Atmos yet (because my TV is not supporting), but when I playing music or movie, I really need to put my ear close to the rear speakers to be able to hear the sound. 

Anyone have the same experience? 

thanks

Robert 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: My HW-Q90R Soundbar's Rear Speakers volume is too low

Yes. Me also facing same here but after try Blu-ray movie with dolby atmos,both rear speaker become loud. Make sure your blu-ray player must support dolby atmos/dts-x version. Once start play the movie,

samsung q90r led display will show you Dolby-Atmos, at that time you can feel how loud rear speaker and the surround sound for all speaker sound become crystal clear. 

Try watch Blu-ray Mad Max Fury Road with dolby atmos. 100% you will satisfy.

Highlighted
Astronaut

He

Highlighted
Astronaut

on your samsung remote press the cog wheel scroll through you menu when you get to surrond speakers press the cog wheel twice and use up or down on j the center of your samsung remote wheel to raise or lower your surround speakers you can go up to 6 or down to - 6 . please note that if the programming you are watching does not support surround or Dolby digital or Dolby Atmos you will here it in stereo on your rear speakers. it's your watching movies through supported devices you will here the correct format. hope this helps 👍

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having this exact same issue.  Firmware updated (verified the version via the soundbar screen) was the latest.  I have a Samsung  TV supporting HDMI ARC and it's the only input into the soundbar (ARC input).  

I also tried increasing the level of the subwoofer and rear speakers to '6' to no avail. Smiley Sad

Did the whole junior tech support (unplug source, power off, wait, power on, wash, rinse, repeat).

I'm thinking of returning the soundbar to BestBuy and getting another one.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue here. Tried everything and eventually contacted Samsung support (NL) through FB Messenger yesterday. They acknowledged that the issue exists and the guy said that we probably have to wait for a new software update but he personally doesn't believe this to be an acceptable solution (I agreed) so he was going to discuss it further internally and will get back to me. I challenge them to come up with something that I haven't tried already, but you never know..

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just exchanged my HW-Q90R becaue I have no sound from the rear speakers,,, ever. The new system is the same. When I contacted Samsung they troubleshot and said there must be something wrong with mine so I returned it to Best Buy and got a new system. Same problem,,, I purchased the $3000 Q90 TV, Samsungs newest $300 Blue Ray, ATMOS DVD player and ATMOS coded DVDs. I get only very little sound from rear speakers if you put your ear right up against them. I've watched entire ATMOS and/or Dolby DVDs as well as Netfiix and Prime videos and nothing from the rear speakers,,, ever. My firmware is up to date and I have the rear speakers full volume of 6. I've got until 1-20-20 to return them and I think that's what Im going to do...

I think Samsung knows they sold us junk and they can't fix it or make them perform as advertised... Samsung has lost my respect,,, glad I have an iPhone...

Highlighted
Constellation

just purchased mine, and I have the same issue

very disappointing

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here !! I tried every tricks in the world, little to no sound from rear speakers (have to ears up close to hear anything). How could such a product placed on the market?

Was not there any testing or QA?

Is there a fix? I purchased mine after the many glowing reviews.....$1400 at BestBuy. I'm very disappointed There got to be  a fix for this?

I guess I will have to haul this big box back to BestBuy for a return of cash

Highlighted
Constellation

After waiting seven weeks to get mine, I finally set it up yesterday and there is basically very little to be heard coming out of the rear speakers. Not happy. There must be a way to calibrate the sound.