cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drowsy
Asteroid

Re: New 3114 Firmware for HW-K950

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, further investigations on what works and what doesn't after the upgrade.

- I lost ARC. I have run factory reset on the thing and left the bar without a power cord over a night to no avail. When my UE55KS8005 tries to switch sound output to the bar, nothing is heard for a few seconds whichafter the TV switches back to TV sound output automatically. At that point it also removes the bar as an option for the sound output. Only way to get it back is to power off the bar, power it on again, and then we have the option of sound output to the bar. Then if you select it, it again tries for a few seconds and goes back to TV output. So back where we were.

- The bar doesn't forward EDID or picture information correctly anymore. My Windows PC with an GeForce 1060 outputs a 4K native resolution to the TV via the soundbar. Via, because I want Atmos sounds which the TV doesn't know how to forward to the bar via ARC. Previously this worked, but with this upgrade my TV says that it's receiving an unsupported screen resolution. If I connect the PC directly to the TV, it works and it can output the 4K just fine.

If I change the output mode to a FULL HD, 1920 x 1080, the bar knows how to forward it.

Then I changed the HDMI port of the TV to _not_ support HDR. Now 4K works again, but as said, only without the possibility to pass on 12 bit output (for some reason GeForce 1060 doesn't have the option of 10bit, so could it be that the soundbar now lacks the possibility of forwarding 12 bit, but 10 bit whould work? I have to investigate all the possibilities I have here. Directly to the TV vs via the bar and HDR enabled or disabled on the TV and again via the bar or not. (and people make these products for the average consumer, yeah right)

The firmware upgrade also broke all sounds coming from my PC to HDMI1. So that's that. But again, I have to spend a few hours _again_ to check all windows sound outputs, reboot it a few times, perhaps re-install a driver or two. Something I'm looking forward to very much Smiley Wink

Perhaps a more expensive soundbar would have worked better?

peterlazaroo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Drowsy, how did you factory reset the sound bar? Thanks. 

PL

Drowsy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hold the cogwheel button pressed down for 15 seconds. I think it began doing something already after a few seconds (might be wrong here), but just keep pressing it. Could be that you had to have the bar in either standby or simply on, try both.
userRbgJNC1YsV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everybody,

I'm new to both the HW-K950 and this community.

Nonetheless, I'd like to ask you two questions:

1) Is there a possibility to find out which firmware my system is running on?

2) If it's running on an old firmware and upgrading would be reasonable, can I upgrade to 3113 or is only the latest version available?

Thanks in advance

Nicolaus

DiscoParty
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1. if you still have a return policy, do it if not, you can technically update via USB I think, though I'm not sure where you'd get the old firmware from. the easiest way to upgrade is via WiFi using the controller app
usernWnzWDTVkK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So is there still no Dolby Atmos ARC support? This is absurd!

I can’t believe all the issues I am seeing that people have, and the features that seem standard for this type of

product, that are not working.

I have the LG OLED B7 and I need ARC to be able to support all 4 of my devices with Atmos, and to reduce the 6 **bleep** controllers I have. 

Also, it would be nice for my family to know how to use this system without getting 20 texts while I am not home. 

DiscoParty
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
you have to add your phone to the mix now since your speakers will unpair every single time for surround sound. this software is literally the worst UX.
userZaZK3z0VwH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernWnzWDTVkK wrote:

So is there still no Dolby Atmos ARC support? This is absurd!

I can’t believe all the issues I am seeing that people have, and the features that seem standard for this type of

product, that are not working.

I have the LG OLED B7 and I need ARC to be able to support all 4 of my devices with Atmos, and to reduce the 6 **bleep** controllers I have. 

Also, it would be nice for my family to know how to use this system without getting 20 texts while I am not home. 

My LG c7 remote can control my 950 and my x1 remote will cut everything off. I hate not being able to have Atmos pass thru arc like I did with my LG sj9 bar but the sound this puts out I just run everything thru my xb1x.

userD3wlObQqMf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also have the same experience. Plex on xbox lost Atmos rear channels. But if I try and go to netflix it works on the one movie that has atmos. Wish I could backout the firmware. The soundbar is now just a stupid soundbar and sub. I only have a few days to return it and that looks like the option I'll have to take.
userHNEpIgvNQJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've made a new thread for us that have been having issues with the hw-950 atoms sound bar... 

someone commented that this thread wasn't going to be seen.