Original topic:

"An unknown error has occurred" - cannot sign in refrigerator

(Topic created: 06-04-2023 04:41 PM)
crystalunicorn
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi fellow Samsung owners,

We always get that error after signing in our ref. As far as I know, we haven't signed-in successfully ever since we bought our ref. We have 2FA enabled (didn't work also with 2FA disabled). This is the RS22T56/57 model of refs. Essentially, we have not fully utilized its feature because we cannot even sign-in. It's so frustrating and disappointing. Samsung please help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
crystalunicorn
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for following up on this @DanG92263 . I did a hard reboot as Support suggested and it solved the problem. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Temporary turn off 2FA long enough to sign in, then turn it back on.
0 Likes
crystalunicorn
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi @DanG92263. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to turn it off and this is supported by the FAQ at https://account.samsung.com/membership/guide/2step/faq. I forgot to mention that we initially had no 2FA. It didn't work so I thought enabling it would solve it. 

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Both the wi-fi on your phone and the wi-fi that you choose in connecting the device, via SmartThings, have to be the same band width, usually 2.4g, sometimes 5g, for the setup to connect to the website to add your device.

Solution
crystalunicorn
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for following up on this @DanG92263 . I did a hard reboot as Support suggested and it solved the problem. 

0 Likes