Original topic:

870 EVO not showing up in Magician and giving some issues

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 04:13 AM)
AGrechi
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I installed an Evo 870 SSD 2TB on a PC (AMD Ryzen 9 5950x - Gigabyte Aorus B450 - Windows 11). The SSD is recognized in BIOS correctly but in windows 11 it is working as MSFT Storage and Magician is not able to "see" it. IT would not be a problem since everything is working but trying to extend with Partition Master the C: drive (which is a EVO 970 Plus M2 NVMe) on this disk I receive an Error Code 1 and I think that the issue might be on the not correct driver Windows is assigning to the EVO. Any suggestion on how I might solve this? I would like to see also in windows the disk recognized as Samsung EVO and I would like to see it in Magician...

Thank you for any suggestion.

Alberto.

0 Likes
2 Replies
userQfILjnxfnN
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having the very same issue with a brand new Samsung Evo 870, will not get picked up by old versions of Samsung Magician or even the newest v8.  It just says N/A next to the drive.  It has a serial number and it is most certainly a LEGIT drive purchased from Newegg.  I have NEVER seen a Samsung EVO drive act like this nor have I seen Samsung Magician act like this. conclusion is Samsung must have made some VERY VERY VERY BUGGY Firmware in their newer Evo drives or your Magician Software is GARBAGE or both.  Please fix Samsung Magician or your Evo line so it works!

Running Windows 10 latest, Samsung Evo 870 500GB.

0 Likes
Cribel
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, i live in Europe and i'm having the same issues with 2 of my 4TB 870 evo drives.
S758NX0X105028V & S758NS0W815319L
(the 2TB one's show up with all the info but not the 4TB one's)
Last year one of my 870 evo 4TB let me down in the middle of my backup .
Although it could not read some of the files i was backing up, the reseller in Germany told me it was okay.
And refused to refund it.
I then found out about the issue with the 2021 made in Korea 870 evo's

I hope we're not going towards the same problems
And if we are ,what can i (you) do to avoid any failure ?

best regards

0 Likes