JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forgot T7 Password (Still have access with Finger Print)

(Topic created: 10-10-2022 07:42 AM)
ycha0k1y
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello.

I have lost my T7 SSD password. I Can't change it and also, I can't Disable Safe mode for Updates without the Password. But I still have access to the whole drive using my Fingerprint which I hope it will be helpful to reset the password.

I have Already Backed up my Files so I'm Okay with any data loss or Factory Reset 

I Really hope you guys can help 

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
You set an admin password on your hard drives bios? Bad news, it's almost impossible to recover, as a BIOS pin reset or coin battery removal won't clear it, it's tied to the drive. Best bet, a forensics lab, but it's expensive, unless the data on that drive is worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars to you, I'd say accept your loss and get a new drive, and back up data while your finger print still gives you access

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
You set an admin password on your hard drives bios? Bad news, it's almost impossible to recover, as a BIOS pin reset or coin battery removal won't clear it, it's tied to the drive. Best bet, a forensics lab, but it's expensive, unless the data on that drive is worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars to you, I'd say accept your loss and get a new drive, and back up data while your finger print still gives you access
Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but a bios level pin (I'm assuming that's what you mean) is in firmware, on an EEPROM, which isn't cleanable without a special UV light
0 Likes