Original topic:

G9 Neo terrible whites / Scan Lines

(Topic created: 12-17-2021 02:05 PM)
userraKgWZU9GK
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi 

I recently bought a G9 Neo and I have a question about the quality of whites etc. I was working yesterday and realized the whites are terrible on this screen. With a brown/ yellow tinge. I then compared it against my LG 34" and it is dramatic how much worse it is. Is this due to the scanline issue this monitor has? If this is the best it can do for such an expensive monitor I probably should return it.

below you  can see the difference. One being a nice white the other a brown / yellowish. I have tried multiple color profiles but it makes no difference. Is there a fix out there for this?

screens.jpg

3 Replies
userraKgWZU9GK
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have also updated it to the latest firmware update 1008.  Tried on 120 hertz and 240, different resolutions. All color modes. I have tried multiple cables even the one the LG is running on with the same display port on my GPU. I also tested another small LG screen and none of them has this issue. I also noticed the scan lines in games like Halo Infinite.

0 Likes
Members_Xc6PeFM
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have this issue as well, no combination of settings on the monitor or GPU will get rid of them, I have noted that turning on PIP mode gets rid of them but I cant just use the monitor 24/7 with that enabled.

0 Likes
Members_Xc6PeFM
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just a quick update disabling VRR and setting the monitor to 120hz mode the scanlines vanish.  In 120hz mode you can create a custom resolution in NVidia control panel up to 165hz and the scanlines still are not present.  I believe VRR and 240hz mode enable DSC which seems to be the cause of the scanlines.  Either that or the panel just can't do 240hz natively without them.  VRR seems to force the panel into 240hz mode even though the input signal is 120hz or 60hz or whatever custom resolution you create.  

0 Likes