Original topic:

Intermittent Black Screen

(Topic created: Thursday)
upjoi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased an M5 Smart Monitor in February 2024 and am using it primarily as a TV with my Bell Fibe TV service.  When watching TV via Fibe (HDMI connection), the monitor screen goes black intermittently for 2-3 seconds and then returns to the broadcast.  This occurs about a half dozen times over a one hour period.  I have confirmed that the same thing occurs on this monitor when connected to the other Bell Fibe receiver I have in the house (no issues with the TV normally connected to that receiver, so I am guessing that the problem is with the monitor).  I am outside the store return period, but within the Samsung warranty period, so intend to have an authorized Samsung service centre look at the monitor.  Any suggestions as to cause/resolution of this issue?  Thx!

4 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does it do the same when connected to a PC via HDMI?

0 Likes
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you have tried other cables and upgraded to the lasted firmware. And if the issue persist than the issue is most likely a faulty panel and needs to be replaced by service repairs.

There is a ton of users with the same issue that you are having with Samsung Monitors regardless of the model.

0 Likes
upjoi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks so much!  The monitor is in for service and I look forward to receiving their assessment.  I had not checked for the latest firmware and advised the shop of this.  Hopefully, this is the first thing they will try.

0 Likes
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Most common fix from global users was a replacement of the panel (faulty). But some users also said they got the motherboard + the panel replaced and got the issue fixed.

If unlucky some users have experience a successful repaired on the second repair service.

Good Lucky

0 Likes