JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

LC49RG90SSNXZA firmware update option not showing in menu

(Topic created: 05-19-2023 05:38 PM)
Im_Dead
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

As shown in picture, I have no option to try to update firmware, any suggestions?
Clarification to issue, I have 5 USB thumb drives, unplugged all cables(except power) and with or without any of the USB drives plugged in (one is service port only rest are just USB ports), no option to update firmware is present on any menu function, no remote is present as this is a 49 inch ultrawide monitor.
FirmwareVersiona.jpg

Firmwareg9a.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend updating the monitor through USB to do that First please download the firmware from the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0053428. After that, you will need to format your USB to FAT32, and make sure nothing else is on the drive. After you do that make sure to extract the file named "m-RG949CCAA-1007.2[2D8D].bin" and move it to the drive. Once this is done make sure the USB is plugged into the service port on the monitor and nothing else is plugged in besides the power cord. After this please go to Menu> Support> Software Update to update the software. 

If this does not work I would recommend calling in directly and speaking to our remote management team. You can reach them by calling 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for remote management. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
If a new software is available but not showing up yet you can visit www.samsung.com/ support and download it to a thumb drive and do it manually I've included screen shots on how Screenshot_20230514_170314_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230514_170331_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Im_Dead
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

hrm, interesting info, I provided screenshots of the menu, this is a monitor not a TV, no software update option as provided in screenshots. Thanks for valiant attempt

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

What does your user manual say about updating firmware?

The position of the scroll bar in the screen shot indicates it needs to scroll down to show other options hidden off screen.

0 Likes
Im_Dead
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

it is the second option from top, in the manual I have scrolled down, I checked other menu tabs also, it just does not show up

0 Likes
JamusT
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same trouble with my LU28R55 monitor and Samsung has been zero help...

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend updating the monitor through USB to do that First please download the firmware from the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0053428. After that, you will need to format your USB to FAT32, and make sure nothing else is on the drive. After you do that make sure to extract the file named "m-RG949CCAA-1007.2[2D8D].bin" and move it to the drive. Once this is done make sure the USB is plugged into the service port on the monitor and nothing else is plugged in besides the power cord. After this please go to Menu> Support> Software Update to update the software. 

If this does not work I would recommend calling in directly and speaking to our remote management team. You can reach them by calling 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for remote management. 

Im_Dead
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I will call Samsung thank you, no option to update firmware was present on any of the menu options

0 Likes