JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No valid update files found. Please check your USB device and try again.

(Topic created: 01-31-2022 06:28 PM)
Members_GCyhnyf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My monitor, Curved Gaming Monitor CHG90 Series. I tried to upgrade firmware latest version, m-HG949CCAA-1021.0[B835].bin and it kept says "No valid update files found. Please check your USB device and try again." Also I tried two different USB flashdrive, and made sure it has MBR and FAT32. I'm sure I plugged it in USB 1 port on monitor as I followed instruction manual. Someone can help me?

3 Replies
Solution
userAF0VubA29B
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Not sure if you're still having issues with upgrading. This took me a while to figure out. If you look at your current version in your monitor's menu options (I just bought mine, so mine is version 1001.1), you might see this format:  m-RG949CCPA-1001.1. However, the downloaded update from Samsung has this format:  m-RG949CCAA-1007.2. Notice the CCPA vs the CCAA. I simply changed the "A" to a "P" and it worked:  

Example:

Original downloaded file:  m-RG949CCAA-1007.2[2D8D].bin

Modified downloaded file:  m-RG949CCPA-1007.2[2D8D].bin

It seems that Samsung made a typo?? Silly, I know. But by simply changing that A to a P,  well, it worked! I've seen some folks mentioning that the thumb drive needs to 8GB or less. I found that not to be true for me. I used a 32GB thumb drive. 

userVOMdG6aIp5
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I know this is old but thank you!!! 

0 Likes
adidosc
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you! That worked to upgrade the firmware on my CRG9 monitor as well!

0 Likes