JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G95C not displaying at full resolution

(Topic created: 03-09-2024 05:10 PM)
maunank
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I recently purchased a Odyssey 49" and connecting via HDMI to a Dell Latitude and it looked fine. But all of a sudden about a month in, the display appears stretched out and resolution is stuck at 3840x1080 60hz, rather than the 5120x1440.  It doesn't give any other options. Reading other posts, I tried updating windows drivers (Intel Iris R Xe graphics Adapter, using generic PnP windows driver), but this didn't work. I've tried turning off the Auto-sync on the monitor, and sometimes that leads to improved resolution, but it never goes back to 5120x1440.  I've tried putting it into Auto vs Wide modes. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
I would recommend you try to use a Display Port 1.2 or 1.4 cable instead. As mentioned before, this may also be an issue with your graphics card, which one are you using?

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
Keep in mind that your monitor can only show what you output. Your graphics card is unable to output and maintain the resolution and frame rate it's set to. To get the maximum resolution available, lower your frame rate and Hertz to the lowest output.
0 Likes
maunank
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@JBTechfanatic Thanks for the reply. So is this a graphics card issue?  Currently it is set to 60hz (though I understand the monitor is capable of supporting 240hz). I also cannot understand why it sometimes looks stretched out, and other times looks normal (even though the display settings always seem to say 3840x1080 or 3840 x 2160.

0 Likes
Solution
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
I would recommend you try to use a Display Port 1.2 or 1.4 cable instead. As mentioned before, this may also be an issue with your graphics card, which one are you using?
0 Likes
maunank
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@SergioRC20 I'm using Intel Iris R Xe graphics Adapter. I just tried a Display Port cable and that may have done the trick. Initially there was some flickering, but after turning everything off and on once, it now appears to be at 5120 x 1440 (60Hz). 

SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
I am not familiar with that graphic card but maybe upgrading it to a Nvidia or AMD one will allow you to get the full potential of your High-End Monitor.

Glad it worked out.
0 Likes