JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo - DisplayPort - Screen goes black with dancing gray horizontal lines

(Topic created: 02-04-2023 06:01 AM)
Toffypops
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So i bought this monitor, and upgraded it to lates firmware. I have worked 22 years as IT-tech support and know my way around display cables and graphics cards. I have never experienced a problem like this before with any monitor.

I have it set to 240Hz, and running NVIDIA 2080 SUPER

Everything works fine but then suddenly, no matter in games or in windows, it just loses the DisplayPort signal (the icon for display port signal comes up in the left corner) and the screen goes black with several narrow gray/white horizontal lines dancing over the screen.

In most cases this only lasts for 10-15 seconds, then the image comes back, and it can be fine for either 1 hour or 15 minutes, before it happens again.

I use the Displayport cable provided with the monitor, as well as powercable.

My gfx card has not been overclocked.

This happens in both windows, and in games. In games it's frustrating as it usually ends up in me gaming or standing in fire.

So Samsung...what the heck is wrong with the monitor?   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with this occurring. I would recommend trying the suggestion from @ddaniel51 first just to verify it's happening on all refresh rates. If it does I would recommend making sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Also, I would recommend making sure you are not using DSR in the Nvidia control panel when selecting your monitor's resolution and refresh rate. After that try turning off G-sync in the control panel also. If none of this works the last thing would be to have service on the monitor, You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Are you using DSC?

Have you tried running at 120hz?

0 Likes
Toffypops
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The monitor is verified to be 240Hz monitor at max resolution.

it should not blank out, and I should not be satisfied with a lower HZ to prevent blackout

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with this occurring. I would recommend trying the suggestion from @ddaniel51 first just to verify it's happening on all refresh rates. If it does I would recommend making sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Also, I would recommend making sure you are not using DSR in the Nvidia control panel when selecting your monitor's resolution and refresh rate. After that try turning off G-sync in the control panel also. If none of this works the last thing would be to have service on the monitor, You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes