JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Micro SD Unreadable (tested on 2 S20's and Windows PC)

(Topic created: 02-17-2023 06:10 PM)
MM298U
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just recently I've been having "unmounting" issues with the SD card in my S20. I'd restart the phone and all would be well...... Except today. Today, the phone shows there's no SD at all, and all my pictures/files are GONE! 

After uninstalling the device in Windows Device Manager, I was finally able to get the SD Card to show up in File Explorer.... But it doesn't let me open or view the files. It keeps saying to "insert a disk into USB Drive (Z:)" even Disk Management shows "No Media" for it (now that it's actually seeing it)

I'm not really sure what else I can do or try.... I really, really need the images off of the card.. If only it would let me open it to transfer them. Hoping someone here has some other tips or something else I can try. ----------- Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Monitors and Memory
You can purchase cloud storage and/or a non SD card device that has more storage.

View solution in context

8 Replies
IRStaten
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
SD card is corrupted.
0 Likes
MM298U
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Do you happen to have any way to get the files/data off it?? 

0 Likes
IRStaten
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
Sad to day say, once it's corrupt it's done for..
0 Likes
MM298U
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok thanks! I feel like I've tried everything... Might bring it to a shop to see if they can work some magic. I would really love to have the images back at least.........

I guess I'll have to start backing up the files more often in the future.

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory
Great example of why micro SD cards are not available anymore and are completely unnecessary.
0 Likes
MM298U
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Is there a "better" alternative for smartphone storage??

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Monitors and Memory
You can purchase cloud storage and/or a non SD card device that has more storage.
MM298U
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks

0 Likes