cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFk4xewlDgm
Constellation

T5 SSD Catalina issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. HEy Guys, with Catalina I cant use the software, nor i can install it coz it says it is not compatible. my SSD is password protected how can I do?????
  2. Screenshot 2019-09-21 10.36.45.jpgScreenshot 2019-09-21 10.42.59.jpgScreenshot 2019-09-21 10.43.17.jpgScreenshot 2019-09-21 10.43.35.jpgScreenshot 2019-09-21 10.45.25.jpg
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJz5w3pecJ2
Constellation

Re: T5 SSD Catalina issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would have been nice to be notified of this BEFORE I installed Catalina.  Do I understand correctly that all I had to do was remove the password protection for my Samsung SSD and then it would have continued working on my Mac after I installed Catalina, but now I just have to wait on Samsun and go without backups until then?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userFk4xewlDgm,

Thank you for contacting our memory product support, we apologize for the inconvenience and we understand your issues and concern. Samsung is preparing a revised version of Portable SSD Software to resolve the compatibility issues on macOS (ver. 10.15 / Catalina).

The revised software will be updated and released as soon as it passes release testing.

For further support on your SSD, please reach out to our dedicated memory support team. This team’s operation hours are Mon through Fri 9 AM - 12 AM. They can be contacted by phone at 800-726-7864.

userjI9Tr3FvcD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Upgraded my Apple laptops to Catalina - then ran Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) as backups which had an update to convert the BU HDs to APFS - one of my HDs had an issue, so wanted to use my 'new' Samsung 1TB SSD T5 and assumed that Disk Utility could format as APFS - NOT SO! Could only go to +HFS which was of no use for the CCC update - assume that a SSD can be formatted as APFS but not my SSD - need a firmware upgrade to the Samsung product - is that in the near future?  This becomes even more of an issue if Apple decides to allow APFS on external drives for Time Machine which still uses the older +HFS - Dave

useru6mUvRnViR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

'The revised software will be updated and released as soon as it passes release testing.'

Your last update regerding the release testing was two weeks ago? I need access to my drives asap. Could you please provide an update?

Thankyou

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userFk4xewlDgm,

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the PSSD Software and Mac OS (ver 10.15/Catalina), we understand your issues and concerns. Samsung is preparing a revised version of the Portable SSD Software to resolve the compatibility issues.

The software will be updated, and the revised portable SSD software will be released by the end of November 2019.

For further support on your SSD, please reach out to our dedicated memory support team. This team’s operation hours are Mon through Fri 9 AM - 12 AM. They can be contacted by phone at 800-726-7864.

Thank you,

userhHG1PrSEDF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How come the pb is not yet solved? Is that so difficult that Samsung needs months to solve it? Meanwhile we are taken hostage by your hardware, please do something!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userhHG1PrSEDF ,

If your drive is locked by encryption and you require immediate access, please try to disable the security of your SSD through another system that is not using OSX Catalina. Once the security is disabled, the drive and all your information should show up perfectly fine in OSX Catalina. This is a work around for the time being. If you only have one system with OSX Catalina, we cannot provide any other alternative solution. You would have to wait until the software is updated.

userJz5w3pecJ2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would have been nice to be notified of this BEFORE I installed Catalina.  Do I understand correctly that all I had to do was remove the password protection for my Samsung SSD and then it would have continued working on my Mac after I installed Catalina, but now I just have to wait on Samsun and go without backups until then?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userFk4xewlDgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Welcome to the comfort and professionality  of the Samsung electronic team. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userFk4xewlDgm,

The Samsung Portable SSD Software version 1.6.6 has been released. The download page link is located below.

Please note: The software has been recently updated. There is a download limit set daily. This limit resets every day. However, the limit will be completely removed after a few days. This is because Samsung would like to avoid wide spread issues for users world wide as preliminary testing may not cover the large amount of customer enviorments. We appreciate your patience during the intial release of this software.

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/