JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

T5 SSD not working with macOS 10.15 Catalina

(Topic created: 07-19-2020 06:53 AM)
useru3isikqiFY
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I get the message that "This software is not compatible with this version macOS."  I know that Catalina is still technically in beta, but it's about to be released and if Samsing doesn't patch their software soon, there will be a lot more people that can't access their SSD.  Please fix so I can access my data.

59 Replies
usersPU5pVW3Pv
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

The solution has been released:

1. Go to https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/?fbclid=IwAR2KMlbTuxiH63bURaQ8i2-T...
  2. Under the section "PORTABLE SSD SOFTWARE", download the file that applies to you.
  3. Open the file on your machine to instal the fixed app.
0 Likes
useraLveSzfASb
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This recommendation doesn't work!  We need a better solution from Samsung engineering team.   

0 Likes
Lfrohling
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Nope. These are Windows files- thanks for the suggestion but did you read the question first?

useraLveSzfASb
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

1.6.6 isn't working!  Please help!  

0 Likes
userM8t1gW87Ck
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ditto for me!!!  I just had to reinstall from backup and now I can't access my old backups.  It's like half of my T5 is gone.  We definitely need to be notifed ASAP for the update.

0 Likes
userFk4xewlDgm
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Welcome to the comfort and professionality  of the Samsung electronics world. 

Any other software to lock an external drive? 

0 Likes
userZCHrzpecjo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just received this response from Samsung today after over a week of emailing back and forth with their support team to get my T5 and 1.6.6 SSD software working an a mac:

"Thank you for clarifying that it is identified within Full Disk Access. From here it appears that the Software it requires to identify the drive. Please contact Apple from here to see if there any application restrictions on your MAC Machine As far as our Software goes, you have everything required to be enabled and compatible."

0 Likes
userUI3M6h92o6
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I bought this (apparently) fabulous external SSD 1To drive for making backup of my macOS Catalina.

So disappointing. It doesn't work with my computer and it's OS.

I wonder why seller (Amazon) did not say anything about it.

Waisting time. Not good for Samsung reputation.

Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello useru3isikqiFY,

The Samsung Portable SSD Software version 1.6.6 has been released. The download page link is located below.

Please note: The software has been recently updated. There is a download limit set daily. This limit resets every day. However, the limit will be completely removed after a few days. This is because Samsung would like to avoid wide spread issues for users world wide as preliminary testing  may not cover the large amount of customer enviorments. We appreciate your patience during the intial release of this software.

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello useru3isikqiFY,

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the PSSD Software and Mac OS (ver 10.15/Catalina). Samsung is releasing a revised version of the PSSD Software to resolve the compatibility issues without limitation.

Releasing date : 11/20
Version : 1.6.6

For further support on your SSD, please contact our dedicated memory support team at 1-800-726-7864.
Operation hour : Mon-Fri 9AM-12AM (EST)