m7 32 disaplears from display devices after power save hdmi port - update

(Topic created: 09-01-2023 12:39 AM)
wynyinK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

RE the above post  - 

I am not sure this is "solved" -

This only happens to the samsung montior I have - an other generic pnp monitor connected to the same graphics card continues to be recognised by windows even after being switced off.

Switching to a second graphics card on the machine has the same effect.

Resetting the Samsung monitor does not fix this issuse.

Setting windows to never suspend the monitor has no effect.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Unfortunately, I could not find anything else on this that could help with this, you possibly can reach out to Microsoft support as this could be a Windows issue but I'm not too sure. The only other thing I could recommend is to get service on this monitor. I would recommend calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this set up as soon as possible. Or if you prefer you can send us a private message with your full model and serial number. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
wynyinK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just recently my monitor is disaplearing from the monitor devces on windows 10 after the monitor is either switched from my pc input source to a work laptop input source or over night when it has gone into power saving mode.

Running discover devies in windows does not fnd the device - neither does removing the HDMI cable for the PC / or monitor and replugging, only a restart of windows seems to fix this.

Has ony one else had thi same issue?

I have tested the HDMI cable and this has passed checks.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with this occurring. This seems to be a Windows issue, I would recommend trying a different monitor if possible to see if this still occurs. If it does then update the monitor would be recommended and a factory reset on the monitor. 

0 Likes
wynyinK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

FYI neither of these suggestions solved the issue and only appears ( at this stage) to be related to the Samsung monitor 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Unfortunately, I could not find anything else on this that could help with this, you possibly can reach out to Microsoft support as this could be a Windows issue but I'm not too sure. The only other thing I could recommend is to get service on this monitor. I would recommend calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this set up as soon as possible. Or if you prefer you can send us a private message with your full model and serial number. 

0 Likes