cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Emergency Alerts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I have a Galaxy Note 10 and the problem is that I do not receive any emergency alerts. Emergency Alerts category in the Messages -> Settings -> Notification seems to be turned on, but it is greyed out, like something does not permit emergency alerts to work. I tried to solve it, but did not find any solution. Need help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Emergency Alerts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are some good practices after an update to your device:

1. Wipe the cache partition on your device

2. If you are experiencing symptoms with an app, I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache and data for the apps

3. If you have the tried the above troubleshooting, I would recommend a Factory reset on your device. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all.

If you continue to still experience these symptoms after performing the troubleshooting steps provided, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No service

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried checking if your service provider offers emergency alerts? 
 Generally they go through your Data, providing they allow those alerts. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. My provider offers emergency alerts, yes

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry your having this issue, try to refresh your device by going to 

Settings

Connections

More Connecting settings

wireless emergency alerts 

you should see 3 dots at the middle right side of the screen (click it)

hit settings 

it should show you the different alert settings

there they should all be turned on and not greyed out, if it shows its still greyed out i would suggest backing up your device, and doing a factory reset. The reset will fix the problem  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

factory reset did not help. thanks.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue, tried everything I could find on the Internet to no avail. Samsung is of no help as well. My wife and I are on the same Verizon account, she has an iPhone and receives the Emergency Alerts all the time. I just hope I am with her in an emergency that impacts us.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZqDaRm2Oec 

Have you tried going to your settings. Once your in your settings go to connections, scroll down to more connection settings, on the top you should see wireless emergency alerts. select that option. you will then see 3 dots. select that as well. select settings from there and you will see alert types. Select the types of alerts you wish to receive. Please let me know if that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20200401_140733.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have "wireless emergency alerts" option