JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 10+ low Battery temp

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 3:24 PM)
Samsung_LLXgNvO
Astronaut
Options
Note10

Need help fixing.Cant charge phone. Error message battery temperature to low. Seemed to come on after an update.

Anyone else having issue.

242 Replies
useregitTGzUuG
Constellation
Options
Note10

I am having the same issue. It seems this is a problem experienced by too many people. The Note 10+ is a premium phone for Samsung. We should not have to resort to clamps or pressure for what is obviously a sub-par component or assembly process. 

What is the permanent solution to this problem?

0 Likes
userIraM1hBA4U
Constellation
Options
Note10

Mine just started this as well. what can be done to correct the issue?

0 Likes
BuddyM
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Use a wood clamp and clamp the front and back together and plug in.  That's the only way I could get mine to work.  I'm finally tired of it and bought a Google Pixel 4a.  Much better phone.

0 Likes
userlDIU7V6vYf
Constellation
Options
Note10

The "Accept Solution" on this lengthy thread does not seem to hint at any sort of answer :(

My Note 10+ just started having this problem this weekend.

I downloaded an app to show me my battery temperature and sometimes it reads low between -4F and +4F but other times it reads normal (between 75F and 100F).  Obviously, when its low, it wont charge. And of course, there is no way the battery is actually that cold.

I would love to have more info about what is going on.  But to this conversation, I will add two points:

1) I've found that when the temp is low it is almost always when I have the case on my phone. Furthermore, taking the case off generally returns the temperature to normal within a few seconds.

2) I have always had problems getting wireless charging to work on my phone. I always assumed it was a setting configuration I was doing wrong, but I've learned that the battery temperature sensor is on the same film-like hardware piece that receives power wirelessly. Coincidence?  Who knows.

0 Likes
user5RJnaIFCID
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Why can't Samsung share the solution??  Why private message people? Probably because it's a manufacturers defect that causes a loose or broken connection in the wireless charging coil that many posters have said continues to fail after Samsung "repairs" the problem!  Samsung quality has clearly gone WAY down.  Turning our $1,000 "flagship" phones into $1,000 paper weights!  Great job Samsung, you've lost this long time once loyal customer of many Samsung products.  In the business that I'm in, quality products and good customer service are what is most important.  Too bad Samsung doesn't think so.  

0 Likes
user5RJnaIFCID
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Nice Try Samsung.. You say there is a solution?  What is it?  The answer is, there is no solution!

0 Likes
Samsung_l1QxhJ7
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Yes I am having the same problem.  shows battery at -4 when it wont work.

user61X4A32JKj
Constellation
Options
Note10

I am having the exact same problem.  I have took it to UBreakIFix and they said it is the motherboard and has to be repaired by Samsung.  I have called twice and cant get any response!  After dealing with the old Samsung 7 battery issue and now with this I have a very sour taste in my mouth regarding Samsung  All I want is for them to fix this phone....

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note10

@user61X4A32JKj I will be happy to assist you with this. Can you send a private message providing the full model code and IMEI of the device? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

0 Likes
userv3AbJzjQM2
Astronaut
Options
Note10

Look jojo you cant do anything, samsung wont actually help its customers. You can help by getting me the number to the nearest apple store maybe.