Original topic:

No lte icon after update (Note 20 Ultra)

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 09:42 AM)
Lainez
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I noticed that after the may update i no longer have the lte icon and im not able to access the internet when im not on wifi, although i am still able to make calls. 4g 5g and automatic network modes don't work and the only one working is 3g but that isnt a permanent solution. Ive turned airplane mode on and off, re-started the phone, taken off the sim card, reseted my network settings, dialed ##72786#, deleted the system cashe and the only solution i can think of is to do a factory reset which from what ive read doesnt seem to do anything. Is anyone having a similar problem and is there any other solutions?

5 Replies
userfzi1B2kQLu
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I had the same issue and been up all night trying to fix it.

This worked for me

Check to see if "MAC randomization " is on for your wifi settings in your phone.

The update had changed mine to MAC randomization on my phone for my home internet.  I changed it to 'phone MAC' and after hours and hours (its 6.30 in the morning now), my internet is working great again

Good luck 🙂

Options
Note20
You know that if your phone has MAC randomization on. its changing your MAC ADDRESS to a wifi connection to hide your phone identity to the wifi router. So hackers would have a hard time hacking your phone.

If you ain't getting no connection to your wifi. Your Router is blocking your Randomized Mac Address.
Options
Note20
But for the Writer of this post. It could mean your Cellular provider Network is probably experiencing an outage or switching you to another neighboring cell tower due to being Overwhelmed
0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Note20

have you tried it in safe mode? 

0 Likes
Lainez
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes but still no LTE