JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Video Editor Won't Save

(Topic created: 01-22-2023 01:51 PM)
Members_LFWs0mY
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Every time I screenrecord or record something with my camera and I go to either crop the video or shorten the length it says it saves and then nothing I do is kept. It's incredibly frustrating. I truly do not understand how a video editing app of all things could be this fundamentally broken.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to save an edited video. Try clearing the cache of the Gallery and the Photo Editor apps and restart the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

If you are still unable to save edits, try clearing he cache partition of the phone and repairing the apps in the recovery menu.

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If the edits will still not save, we recommend submitting an error report. 
Open Gallery>Select the Menu in the bottom corner>Select Settings>Contact Us>Error Reports

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userQsnz3H9u9s
Constellation
Options
Note20
Same issue for me. Started happening maybe a few weeks ago. I have found that force stopping the gallery and clearing cache has helped in the past but tried it twice this morning and it didn't work.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to save an edited video. Try clearing the cache of the Gallery and the Photo Editor apps and restart the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

If you are still unable to save edits, try clearing he cache partition of the phone and repairing the apps in the recovery menu.

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If the edits will still not save, we recommend submitting an error report. 
Open Gallery>Select the Menu in the bottom corner>Select Settings>Contact Us>Error Reports
0 Likes