cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4fQlHIjYBh
Asteroid

Battery Drain A5 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my galaxy for 4 months and it has been great. However recently it has been discharging very rapidly from 100% to 0% in about 5 - 7 hours much less than my old battery life of over 15 hours. The charger has also been faulty as it's USB-C it can be used both ways however if I use it one of the ways it will uncharge the battery and keep disconnecting then reconnecting. Which is really irritating it then can also be really slow 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userIrfu8JC2OB
Astronaut

Re: Battery Drain A5 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have had the same problem recently with my a5. Happily is now resolved. The problem with mine was not Samsungs fault . The battery life was great until recently with only losing about 3 percent overnight and after an update message started draining it completely in about six hours.  In the last couple of weeks I joined facebook and they sent me a code to confirm identity. Looking at the settings I see they have dropped a small app on at the same time. Have deleted it and now battery life back to normal losing 3 percent overnight so problem obviously caused by  facebook tracking my phone . Will have nothing more to do with this hideous organisation. Hope this helps

59 REPLIES 59
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing this with the Community. We want to make sure that your device is working efficiently for you. Battery problems can be such a pain to work with.
Let's go over a few things just to be sure we have everything covered:

• Make sure you're using the original Samsung charger manufactured for your phone as third party ones are not configured the same and can cause different results.
  • Check your Settings & Play/Galaxy App stores for pending software updates. If you have any compatibility problems with your software on the phone due to having some software updated while others are not, it can contribute to rapid battery drain
  • Make sure to disable your network settings when not in use as well to preserve your battery life.
  • Try testing your device in Safe Mode to see if it behaves differently when third party apps are disabled. If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one.
  • Clear your app cache & cache partition to help the phone's system overall run more smoothly.
  • If all else fails, back up your data and factory reset your device to test it with only the default settings.

Other than those software maintenance techniques, I would suggest verifying that you don't have any stick pins within your charging port as well. You will want to also make sure there aren't any visible strains on your charging cord. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user4fQlHIjYBh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey thank you for your response,
However I have tried all of the above and the battery still drains quickly (25% every hour on power saving) . Also the charger that is not working correctly is the original Samsung charger. I have bought a second Samsung charger and the problem still occurs.
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm. I'd like to get a better idea of what you're dealing with here then. Can you provide us a screenshot of your full stats within Settings > Battery > Battery Usage please?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user4fQlHIjYBh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, as I have the galaxy A5 2017 there is no battery usage in settings only battery information. Here is the attached image of this. 

user4fQlHIjYBh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the earlier message and the long wait time im I'm vacation at the moment. However I have managed to find battery usage here is a screenshot of the  battery usage with power saving mode on. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that screenshot. Have you taken a look at another thread and implemented some of the battery saving tips discussed there?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/How-to-Battery-Troubleshooting-and-Tips/m-p/5...

user4fQlHIjYBh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the thread I have implemented some of these changes but it has not changed my battery life by much. I have attached a screenshot of a particularly bad day where my battery was fraud very quickly compared to the 14hr battery life my phone used to have and the 6hr battery life currently it's certainly getting worse.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @user4fQlHIjYBh Thanks for that screenshot. Is that screenshot even after implementing some of the battery tips in the thread I previously sent you?

user4fQlHIjYBh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is.