Original topic:

Double tap to wake up

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 11:41 AM)
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have Android 14 on my Samsung Galaxy tab a9 Plus. When I double tap to wake it up after I double tap to shut it off it should just wake right up. Instead I have to sign in again. I don't have to do that on my Android phone. My Samsung Galaxy a42 has Android 13 and I don't have to sign in again when I double tap to wake it up. Could this either be a flaw or a feature of Android 14?
14 Replies
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I didn't have this issue when my tablet was Android 13.
Straarex
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
As k understand it, its cause the double tap now registers as a lock. My s22 ultra is doing it as well.
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Double tap works as a lock when the screen is on, as an opener when the screen is off.  Double tap should wake your device, but I find it finicky, and I have to tap a particular area of the screen (typically mid-upper). As for having to put your pin/password in, double tap is a waker, not an unlocker, so unless you have extend unlock enabled, you will have to put your pin/password in when the screen wakes--every time.

You can avoid the pin/password most times by enabling the fingerprint unlock. If multiple people use the device and need it unlocked, register one fingerprint from each of up to 3 users. You can put in the display settings to have the fingerprint reader always on, and if you do that, all you have to do is press on the screen in the location where you know the reader to be (it's invisible when the screen is off, but not when AOD is on).  This method also has the advantage of bypassing the lock screen on wake and getting you right to the home screen.

user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Finally found somebody at Samsung that knew what they were doing. The solution to this problem is the following: go to lock settings, secure lock settings, and turn off press side button to immediately lock.
haeckelfe
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The double tap to wake up issue is after the One UI 6.0 update on A9+ Tablets. I have verified it myself as I got 6 Tablets for the company I work for and had to update them all. They all now do not wake up on double tab after the update.  Hope they fix it cause it socks

0 Likes