JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Messages app disappeared after One UI 6.0 upgrade on Galaxy A54 5G

(Topic created: 12-30-2023 03:14 AM)
LSea
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Loving the One UI 6 so far but I can't find Google Messages anywhere on my A54 5G phone.

I still receive text messages and it comes in through Google Messages. Play Store tells me the app is sitting pretty somewhere on my phone. I've even done 2 updates to the app through play store. However, the app isn't present on the icon tray and through my search function.

Pretty weird experience. I hope I'm not the only one having this issue 😅. The more the merrier, right?

Please help... 

12 Replies
LSea
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I understand this. That's the screenshot I sent earlier. That was me trying to add the app to the Google folder. Google messages is still not listed there.

0 Likes
CatrinaWhitewolf
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ahhh...ok...I understand the issue. When I did the update this morning, there was no app for messages at all. I found the one, and now realize it's not Google messages after all. It has to be a glitch. Hopefully, they will correct it.
0 Likes
Solution
LSea
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Okay so I found the fix and I feel so dumb about it.

I went to the app drawer, next to the search bar and clicked on the three dots. Then settings, then "hide apps on home and apps screen"... this my mystery app was hidden all along. 🤣

Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks for all your contributions and assistance.