JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A32 screen no longer lights up when text is received

(Topic created: 04-22-2023 08:16 PM)
jess90082023
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Samsung galaxy A32 did a software update and now my screen doesn't light up when I get a text message. I've looked all thru my settings. What am I missing!?

2 Replies
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If your Samsung Galaxy A32 stopped lighting up when you receive a text message after a software update, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the notification settings: Open the Messages app and go to Settings > Notifications. Make sure that the "Show as pop-up" and "Preview message" options are turned on.

2. Check the notification light settings: Go to Settings > Display > Edge screen > Edge lighting. Make sure that "Edge lighting style" is set to "Always," and that the "Apps" option is selected. You should also make sure that the "Edge lighting duration" and "Edge lighting color" options are set to your preference.

3. Check the "Do Not Disturb" settings: Make sure that the "Do Not Disturb" feature is not turned on, as this can prevent notifications from lighting up the screen.

4. Restart the phone: Sometimes, restarting the phone can help to resolve software-related issues.

5. Clear the cache partition: If the issue persists, try clearing the cache partition on your phone. To do this, turn off your phone, then press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons at the same time. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume Up and Home buttons. When the Android logo appears, release all buttons. Use the Volume Down button to navigate to "Wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it. When the process is complete, use the Volume Down button to highlight "Reboot system now" and press the Power button to restart your phone.

userQG6PkB6tW6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a samsung galaxy S23 and noticed there is no light to indicate when I receive a message have voice mail or to show when phone is charging
0 Likes