Original topic:

Samsung S95C drops the video every couple seconds when playing XBOX Series X games

(Topic created: 04-13-2024 08:54 AM)
avsmillar
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I bought the S95C and I love the TV!  I got it because it was the #1 TV for gaming in 2024.  The 4K picture is amazing, the HRD is beautiful, the HDR10+ with 120FPS is a game changer.  That being said, it has to work and it doesn't.  After hours with tech support on the phone and a technician changing the main board, he told me he does not think that it can be fixed.  He tried three very expensive 2.1 HDMI cables and none of them worked.  He changed settings and reset  settings but it kept happening.  I do have a strong feeling that the HDMI cable has something to do with it.  I went into settings and went to the care app where you can dig into the detailed settings.  In there, you can test the HMDI signal.  It failed almost every time on all the cables I have.  Cables are Fusion 8K HDMI 2.1 gold plated and support 4k@120hz with VRR and a bunch of other features.  They were $70.  I was finally able to get the HDMI test to pass with one of the three Fusion cables I have and the video stayed solid.  Now, I am not saying this is a HDMI cable issue.  I think Samsung has got this thing tuned to a point where if everything else is not absolutely perfect, the features work.  The world is not perfect.  If this is the case then Samsung should be supplying the cable they test with in the box or working on a firmware fix to resolve the video dropout issues.  I ended up returning the TV yesterday because I do not trust that Samsung will make the necessary firmware fix to resolve the issue.  I am holding out a couple months to see if they can fix it and I will repurchase the S95C.  It is amazing for gaming.  They just have to make it stable.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Obzidian92
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Fiber optic hdmi 2.1 cable has been working well for me.
0 Likes