(Topic created: 07-24-2023 11:20 AM)
Snowinsahara
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi everyone,

I have a Sasmung QN90B  Smart TV.

Purchased January 2023.

The voice capabilities are increasingly problematic.

I want to be able to voice search shows within Disney+,  Amazon PrimeVideo or other streaming platforms but the voice control only brings up results only from Youtube.

I tried resetting to factory settings, tried repairing remote control, I tried different voice assistants (Bixby, Amazon, Google).

All the Samsung TV does is look for results in Youtube only.

I have a vision impairment so I would like to voice search across various streaming apps.

Thank you 

Joe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the suggestions from @JBTechfanatic did not help then I would suggest also reaching out to our smartthings community using the link below, for more help on this.

https://community.smartthings.com/

View solution in context

3 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
To accomplish this a few things must be done. First pick and setup voice assistant. Next download and setup and sign in to all your streaming apps. Now you must opt in to your privacy settings. Then you must setup the home hub to load and appear once tv is powered on. With a Voice Assistant you can control your TV on command with just your voice! First, press the home button on your remote to open Smart Hub. Next, open your TV's main settings menu, and then go to and select general, and voice. Finally, select voice assistant. Scroll to the bottom of the hub set preferences and all apps you want you should now be good to search by voice. Keep in mind your tv must be connected to internet at all times 20230724_130113_1000011986_1690228875.jpg20230724_130118_1000011987_1690228879.jpg
0 Likes
Snowinsahara
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for the suggestions but the Smart Hub on my TV does not have Preferences option. The last step is missing from the TV. 

I have Smart things icon, I have voice assistants in the general menu, but no Smart Hub preferences.

Using the latest firmware.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the suggestions from @JBTechfanatic did not help then I would suggest also reaching out to our smartthings community using the link below, for more help on this.

https://community.smartthings.com/