JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I disable the automatic power on HDMI feature

(Topic created: 01-10-2022 06:37 PM)
userKsGeSRZvNZ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have multiple devices hooked via HDMI to my TV and I can't figure out how to disable the feature that automatically turns them on when you switch to the input.  I don't want this feature enabled because I'll sometimes just be cycling through HDMI inputs and it will turn on my PS5 if I don't change the input quickly enough.  It is really annoying and I don't want this feature on but I can't find anything in the config menus.  Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

This should help. Press the Menu button and navigate to Settings, followed by System. Select HDMI-CEC and set Device Auto Power, Device Power, and TV Auto Power all to Off. Also, there may be options to do this in the device itself. Like with the PS5 you would do this: Turn on your PS5, then select the Settings cog from the top-right corner. From there, go to Settings > System > HDMI. If you don't want to use this feature at all, disable HDMI Device Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

This should help. Press the Menu button and navigate to Settings, followed by System. Select HDMI-CEC and set Device Auto Power, Device Power, and TV Auto Power all to Off. Also, there may be options to do this in the device itself. Like with the PS5 you would do this: Turn on your PS5, then select the Settings cog from the top-right corner. From there, go to Settings > System > HDMI. If you don't want to use this feature at all, disable HDMI Device Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.