JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub not loading

(Topic created: 06-29-2023 08:24 AM)
useroAc93oio1P
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a brand new Neo QLED 8K (QE65QN900BTXXC) since beg of January 2023 and it all worked fine until June 15th, 2023, when the Smart Hub suddenly stopped loading at start-up, as well as when pressing the Home button on the remote control.

Booting shows a blue screen with a "dancing" Smart Hub Home icon in the middle, surrounded by stars, for sometime, then an empty blue screen. No message is displayed, and nothing else happens. 

All buttons on the smart remote work fine (Netflix, Disney+, Settings, etc.) except the "Home" button which has no effect. 

All HDMI sources work fine.

Smart Hub diagnostics show everything is OK (network, DNS, apps, etc.). Smart Hub resets (several times), cold boot, factory reset (several times), changing Samsung accounts, nothing helps.

I called support and they had me do a factory reset, which did not solve the problem.

The software says it is up-to-date : version 1503. Coincidently, the Samsung Support Firmware/Software web site shows a software update version 1503.9 available on June 12, 2023.

Could a malfunctioning firmware update be the source of the problem ?

Any idea before I call support again?

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello there guys! Welcome to the community! Because there are so many variables to consider, we recommend that you submit your query in our Smart Things forum, detailing what products are being utilized, including their model numbers, and what the general end objective is, so that our experts can investigate further.  https://community.smartthings.com/  Additionally, you're welcome to contact the Smart Things Team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at support@smartthings.com.

View solution in context

3 Replies
useroAc93oio1P
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Interactions with support and a "flash reset" did not solve the problem.

I tried to re-install the software update to version 1503.9 from a USB drive, but it would not accept to do it. Because it is already installed, I assume....

0 Likes
carlie32
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the exact same issue with my QLED 4K Q60B. I hope someone has a solution.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello there guys! Welcome to the community! Because there are so many variables to consider, we recommend that you submit your query in our Smart Things forum, detailing what products are being utilized, including their model numbers, and what the general end objective is, so that our experts can investigate further.  https://community.smartthings.com/  Additionally, you're welcome to contact the Smart Things Team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at support@smartthings.com.